Thursday, September 25, 2008


Every once in a while I do something that amazes me. Like the other night I was craving this salad from Oasis Cafe and I had a lot of the ingredients from my farm share so I decided to try to replicate it. I marinated red onions in olive oil & balsamic vinegar and then broiled them with some sliced purple and yellow potatoes. Then I made some hummus and home-made dressing. I sliced up some tomatoes and feta cheese and added some fancy olives from my grocery store's olive bar, plated it all on a bed of chopped romaine and then I went to heaven. I seriously wanted to kiss myself.





Amazing feat #2:


The other day there was a power outage at my house and when I came home from work my computer at home would not turn on. I remembered this happening to a friend so I was pretty sure the power supply had gone out. I could have paid someone to order & install a new one but I thought maybe I would try it myself. I rush ordered a replacement power supply according to the specifications on the existing one and then I opened up the computer and disconnected the old wires and connected the new ones.



In case you ever need to do this I will share this handy diagram that I drew for myself:



you're welcome!

oh - and don't worry I got P7 hooked up okay otherwise I wouldn't be posting this.

Posted by Posted by Judy Neil at 9:58 PM
Categories:

 

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow, I'm majorly impressed. Especially the computer thing, I could never have done that.

Kylie said...

Judy! I am majorly impressed! You just made me totally crave that salad again. SO GOOD! And congrats on the computer, there's nothing like outwitting the world (I did that this week by velcro-ing our heating vent in so our child couldn't take it out. *grin*).

Ems said...

hi, will you marry me?

Ashley said...

I'm so impressed. Seriously. And I need to take cooking lessons from you.

april said...

I'm really impressed, on both counts!

Jen said...

That looks so yummy!!

 
>