Friday, June 20, 2008


I am feeling a little guilty because I have had a few hard feelings against a certain blue bird. Let's call him "Jay". Well I like to get as much sleep as I can because I work hard, right? So the last thing I want to happen is to be woken up before I'm ready. Jay has started clacking so loudly almost every morning that it wakes me up. Some birds have beautiful songs, but this blue bird has the most obnoxious "CLAWK, CLAWK" I have ever heard. It's annoying to hear and even more annoying to be awakened by.

He also hates Cosmo. If I am outside in the yard and Cosmo comes out suddenly Jay starts yelling at Cosmo. It has been so annoying. Who does Jay think he is? It got so bad that I even told someone I wish I could get rid of that damn bird.

Well last night I came home and found this inside my house by the dog door:


I don't know if Cosmo killed it or if he just found it and thought it was a toy. I don't think it's Jay because it's not blue enough, but I suddenly felt so sad for this little life that had been lost and I felt bad for saying bad things about Jay. It was dark by the time I got in, but I felt the need to give this little guy a respectable send-off. I dug a little grave and said a prayer for the spirit of the bird and Cosmo and I said good-bye. Now we'll see if it really was Jay or not.

Posted by Posted by Judy Neil at 12:23 PM
Categories:

 

6 comments:

Katie Elaine said...

sad. but i do hope it was jay.

Jen said...

How sad!

Wendy said...

Ohh, poor bird. We have woodpeckers that start pecking on the roof early in the spring. It is annoying, but on Father's Day last year, I heard a loud thud about 6 am and didn't really think anything of it, until we went downstairs and there on the deck was a beautiful, but dead, woodpecker. They really are pretty.

Diaries of a Wonder Woman said...

Judy,

That is so strange. You mention you want the bird dead and he dies???? Don't ever wish me dead..ha, ha!

andrea said...

That is sad...I will be curious to know if it was 'jay.' Maybe Cosmo can read your mind..?!

Heidi said...

Oh, sad! That is so sweet of you to give that bird a proper burial. And then that you felt guilty about saying bad things about Jay. You are awesome.

 
>